The back gate area of Chuncheon. Not bad, right?

The first noraebang (karaoke) place I've ever been. The hangeul under the guy's nose spells out "Ee-suh-toh." Get it?

Chuncheon by night

At a restaurant on one of the first nights. Can you find me? Probably not. I'm the one scowling in the back. Hm.

This is what people on the west side of the dorm see every night. (Actually, the mountains look a lot more incredible than this picture really shows...all huge and craggy.)

Chuncheon is famous accross Korea for it's talkalbee (I don't have the official translation, but I think it means something like "burn your lips and tongue off it's so spicy chicken"). Everyone eats out of the communal grill in the center of the table...apparently this style of eating means Koeans get sick a lot. The one time I got the vegetarian version, they used chicken AND tofu.

Post consumption

2 comments:
The stories suggest a sensual world, but austere all at the same time. The pictures are a great addition, more depth and brings it home! mom
Hi Janaki,
Great Pictures! It looks like you are in a group of 58 girls and 2 guys. How do the guys like being surrounded but all you gals!
Bob
Post a Comment