Thursday, July 27, 2006

The dorms here have Western style bedding (ie sheets, blankets, mattresses), but I think lifetimes of sleeping on the ground has left them a little unprepared. For instance, they have not discovered the fitted sheet; instead every morning I have to tuck in my flat sheet over my mattress, and every night as soon as I roll over it becomes untucked and I end up sleeping on a bare mattress. I've found that the best way to combat this problem is to just forget about the sheet and instead sleep fully clothed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Janaki!!...I just discovered your blog...it's fantastic. You're a very entertaining writer. Definitely we will have to send you some fitted sheets. Some things are just a necessity. It's so hot here in Seattle that I've been sleeping without sheet or blanket and still drenched in sweat in the morning. Bye for now, Auntie M (Mare)