As many of you are probably aware, I've been going to Samsungwon Orphanage every week to tutor two of the high school boys there, Hyedong and Tegi. I eat dinner there, I hang out with the kids, I do listening exercises about how John and Mary like to play tennis after work. There are about 90 kids who live there, and I've been really glad to get to know some of them. Really, they are all incredibly funny and energetic, but also definitely some of the sweetest and most caring kids I've ever met.
ON THAT NOTE, I'd like to let you know that if you want to donate money to SSW orphanage, you can, and any money you donate would really, really help improve the kids' daily lives. Fundraising money this year is slated to go toward sweatshirts, track jackets, socks, underwear and gift bags of things like school supplies (different for the kids under 6), as well as to pay for things like after school activities for them. The fundraising is managed by Aimee Jachym, the ETA at my school two years ago and the orientation coordinator this year in Chuncheon, who is incredibly responsible and dedicated.
If you'd like to donate money or learn more about the orphanage, you can go to www.samsungwon.org. Please, please consider donating some money, these kids really deserve it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment